Friday, December 21, 2018

Florida - Week 3

December 15 - 20

We return to Princess Palace to see the Eagles nest
One is in the Nest and they should be laying eggs soon
 It was overcasts so I couldn't get a real clear shot.  We went back a week later on a Sunny day and I was saddened that the nest had blown down completely in a windstorm a few days before.  I was lamenting about it when Gary said it was God's will and nature.  I said I could still not be happy about it when I looked up and one of the Eagles flew by.
We drove by a herd of Long Horn Cattle

 Back to Crescent Beach so Tucson can run

 and cool off in the ocean
 It's a beautiful day so people are out on horseback and bike


I am luck to get a quick shot of an Osprey with dinner before he disappears down the beach


 Shrimp trawlers are busy because the season ends the end of December

We check out the River to Sea Preserve

A nice boardwalk


 and interesting rock formations on the beach

 an Egret is fishing in the surf

and Tucson scopes out potential playmates



We finally decided to try Neds for lunch
as it was highly recommended by our boss.  It was excellent!
Gary had Liver and Onions and I had the Seafood Etouffe it was chock full of shrimp, scallops, fish and mussel and andouille sausage.
 The wind was blowing really hard
 and blew in Gary's daughter and son-in-law.
We met up with them later and went into
St. Augustine to see the lights.



 We went out to dinner at the Sunset Grill
 Great company and great food!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to us! Let us know what you think!